Quality of Life
The Livingston County area possesses quintessential small town charm while eloquently providing its residents award winning educational opportunities, first class healthcare, midwest family values and unique amenities given our close proximity to Chicago.
For Livingston County, living in America’s Heartland means farm to fork dining opportunities with meals prepared by acclaimed Michelin rated chefs who regularly visit our local farmsteads which supply their fare.
Historic Route 66 comes alive in the Livingston County area towns of Chenoa, Dwight, Odell, and Pontiac with over 50,000 visitors flocking to experience one of our four museums flanking Pontiac’s historic town square. Livingston County area residents warmly welcome and encourage you to experience the best of the Midwest with us!
● Attractions: Livingston County is home to six museums and a number of other exhibits and displays. Most with free admission!
● Healthcare: OSF HealthCare Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Center, located in Pontiac, Illinois, is a 42-licensed bed, not for profit, acute care facility, fully accredited by The Joint Commission. OSF offers 24/7 emergency care, inpatient and outpatient surgery, critical care, obstetrics and maternity care, multidisciplinary rehabilitation services, a broad spectrum of diagnostic tests, sophisticated medical imaging, wellness and occupational health services. OSF HealthCare Saint James is part of OSF HealthCare. Please visit OSF’s website at www.osfhealthcare.org/saint-james for a complete list of programs and services.
● Public Parks: Throughout Livingston County 25 city parks can be found. Indoor swimming facilities include the Flanagan Memorial Pool, Pontiac Elks Lodge, and the Pontiac Recreation Center. Outdoor pool facilities are located in: Chatsworth, Chenoa, Dwight, Fairbury, and Odell. Pontiac Recreation Center also offers two outdoor splash-pads.
● Special Events: Livingston County is home to a number of annual events throughout the year including: Harvest Days, Dwight; Heritage Days, Chatsworth & Pontiac; The Illinois Basset Waddle, Dwight; The Red Carpet Corridor Festivals, Dwight, Odell, & Pontiac; and the Thresherman’s Reunion, a bluegrass festival, Pontiac; to name just a few.
● Vibrant Art Community: Livingston County enjoys an active arts scene with local artists and performing arts groups, many of which perform at the Eagle Performing Arts & Conference Center. The Vermillion Players has been entertaining audiences for nearly 55 years. There are also several art museums and galleries including Fairbury Echoes, The International Walldog Mural and Sign Art Museum, and Pontiac Community Art Center.
To read more about the quality of life in Livingston County, visit the website www.LiveLivingston.org.