The Greater Livingston County Economic Development Council is a public-private partnership comprised of businesses, individuals, and governmental agencies that believe in the importance of controlling the area’s economic future by taking a proactive and strategic approach to economic development. Our mission is to promote and provide meaningful economic development opportunities for the business, industrial, rural, and residential communities of greater Livingston County. The GLCEDC is organized for the purpose of:
- Evaluating and supporting the realization of economic market potential of greater Livingston County.
- Conducting orderly advancement of business and industrial expansion, retention and diversification.
- Working towards the development of a strong, diversified, educated and well-skilled workforce.
- Promoting a growing, diverse and broadening tax base for Livingston County.
- Supporting a high quality of life through proactive, value added economic development.
- Providing a forum for discussion, study, development, implementation and evaluation of recommendations of mutual interest regarding market and economic development activities for Livingston County.
Member and Supporter Comments
Our experience is that the GLCEDC exhibits an impressive breadth of leadership, providing a sounding board for our organization and creatively strategizing with us in order to find sources of funding in this very difficult credit and economic environment. The group refused to accept the status quo as being good enough for Livingston County and seem to believe that the County’s best days are before us, willing to devote their time, energy and professional reputations ensuring a bright and prosperous future for us all. –Jerry Kurtenbach, Lake Oliver LLC Prior to moving to Livingston County in 2004, Charlotte and I had lived in seven other mid-west communities. As new residents we began to compare the economic vitality of Livingston County with other areas we had experienced. We saw untapped opportunity in this community for working in a broad unified effort focusing on creating economic growth for all. Our family investment, of both time and money, in GLCEDC continues to be rewarding. –Glen Ludwig, Creative Ag Solutions
A generous grant from the county board provided the funding for the GLCEDC Grants and Loan programs.
The GLCEDC also offers a low-interest loan participation program for Livingston County business owners. This loan program may be used for existing and new, start-up business. Please visit the business assistance page of our website for more information on the grant and loan programs.
Biz Ed series
The GLCEDC recently offered a series of three business workshops for business owners and entrepreneurs. The Biz Ed series included workshops on building a business plan, marketing local produce, and online marketing. The GLCEDC plans to continue the Biz Ed series in the coming months. The GLCEDC provides demographic information, networking opportunities, information on financing and a variety of other services to businesses currently in Livingston County and those businesses interested in moving to the area. Please contact us if we can help your business in any way.
Membership Levels and Benefits
Platinum Level - Minimum $25,000 Gold Level - Minimum $10,000 Silver Level - Minimum $5,000 Bronze Level - Minimum $1,000 Associate Membership - Minimum $500 up to Bronze Municipal Membership - $2-$3 per resident
Benefits are based on membership levels and can include:
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Listed (and linked) as a member on the GLCEDC website
- Ability to serve on Standing and Ad Hoc Committees
- Recognition at the annual meeting
- May host Membership Dinner and Legislative Breakfast with full media coverage
In addition, all members will receive a copy of the quarterly EDvocate and monthly e-newsletter updates. Click on the following links for more information:
The Greater Livingston County Economic Development Council Adam Dontz, CEO
Physical address: 210 W. Water Street, Pontiac, IL 61764
Mailing address: PO Box 528, Pontiac, IL 61764 Office Phone: 815-842-2900 or toll-free at 1-888-842-2909 Cell Phone: 815-844-8866 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org